Permission to talk about some of the styles I go by? Here’s a list inspired from my most recent hypes at lookbook.nu:
That type of look “I just grabbed whatever in my
or someone else’s closet”, yet it looks well put-up. Oversized tops and blazers are definitely my go-tos whenever my day will require tons of field work, or whenever I get random meet-ups ‘round my busy neighborhood from friends. That’s prioritizing comfort without compromising style.
[looks from Maha of Germany & Yuzi of California]
Definitely in search for this! It can give anyone’s look that “crisp” needs. This is perfect to cover ones too casual look and still give you that boost of confidence for emergency meetings.
[looks from Katerina of Istanbul & Lisa of NY]
Adding a color or a print from your all-black outfit can make the world a happier place! Lol. Kidding aside, it bends the mood black emanates and shows off the playful & more accommodating side of yourself too!
[looks from Astrid of Austria & Anastasia of Paris]
Ah, as someone who has background in ballet tutus and ballerina flats never fails to catch my sight! Puffy skirts are flirty, fun, yet adds poise to wear. On full-length skirts, it gives that fluid flow you can actually feel yourself making glissades while crossing the street. — Skirts as such definitely lacks my wardrobe! Gah!
[looks from Magdalena of Poland & Louise of Paris]
Hope I was able to inspire you plan your outfit, if not for tomorrow hopefully the day after that!
You can visit my lookbook account here.
sweater weather ♡
It’s November! That means in Manila, we are licensed to bring out and wear our pullovers again! I am always excited whenever we’re few weeks away from Christmas, well besides the fact of all the food, gifts and celebration — we get to layer, and feel warm and fuzzy too!
Oh and this is also me documenting how I look like the moment my birthday ends. ;)
[pullover from Uniqlo]
“1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.”
[necklace from Ever New; top and shorts from Zara; watch from Diesel]
Snapped while snapping by my human tripod, while I’m in my behind-the-scenes uniform. ;)
2012 Throwback! This girl is surely too lazy to brush her own locks. :))